A great way to gain backlinks to your site is to have visitors ‘Trackback’ to your blog page. Here is an example:
1. I have visited an interesting blog – http://news.drivebathurst.com
2. I see a great video on the event called Drive Bathurst 2008 Promotional Video.
3. I click on the title of the post and I am taken to the specific page for that article.
4. There is a section on the page called ‘Trackbacks’ with a link to ‘Trackback specific URL for this entry’.
5. When I click on that link a message pops up saying:
“You can use the trackback URL to link to this enrey frim your own blog or Web site. To copy this link, right-click on the link and select “Copy Shortcut” in Internet Explorer or “Copy Link Location” in Mozilla.”
6. Once the link is copied, I can create a post like:
Check out the Drive Bathurst Promotional Video!
and fill in the Trackback section of the blog with the copied Trackback specific URL and that’s it. Trackback request sent to destination blog!